George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Randall, Randall, I have a 2004 Elantra hatchback. The low

Customer Question

hello Randall,hello Randall,
I have a 2004 Elantra hatchback. The low beam do not work. High beam lights work. I have a Fluke meter, checked low beam lights for resistance both have 2 ohms. checked low beam 15 amp under the hood, it is OK. Both high and low beam relays have the same numbers on them. so I switched them. Still no low beam. I removed Low beam 15 amp fuse and low beam relay. Turned the key to ACC and checked voltage on the low 15 amp it read batter voltage the low beam relay read battery voltage as well. So I am thinking that the low light switch on the left of the steering wheel. Have i missed somethang??work. High beam lights work. I have a Fluke meter, checked low beam lights for resistance both have 2 ohms. checked low beam 15 amp under the hood, it is OK. Both high and low beam relays have the same numbers on them. so I switched them. Still no low beam. I removed Low beam 15 amp fuse and low beam relay. Turned the key to ACC and checked voltage on the low 15 amp it read batter voltage the low beam relay read battery voltage as well. So I am thinking that the low light switch on the left of the steering wheel. Have i missed somethang??
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: YES
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a 2004 Elantra hatchback. The low beam do not work. High beam lights work. I have a Fluke meter, checked low beam lights for resistance both have 2 ohms. checked low beam 15 amp under the hood, it is OK. Both high and low beam relays have the same numbers on them. so I switched them. Still no low beam. I removed Low beam 15 amp fuse and low beam relay. Turned the key to ACC and checked voltage on the low 15 amp it read batter voltage the low beam relay read battery voltage as well. So I am thinking that the low light switch on the left of the steering wheel. Have i missed somethang??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I covered it all.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to try and help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Does your vehicle have DRL lights? That's daytime running lights

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no

Do you have a circuit tester? I would like you to check the ground side for continuity and resistance.