Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2012 hyundai Tucson blower stuck on 2 speed replaced

Customer Question
resistor no change can put...
2012 hyundai Tucson blower stuck on 2 speed replaced resistor no change can put on 3 or 4 light on switch on no speed change put on 1 no light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: lights on the fan switch itself
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying too am a marine technicion
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
7/22/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

OK texting is good
Are you going to answer my question

yes I am I need some time to look up some diagrams, this process takes a little time you have to bear with me, if you would like faster service I can open this up to the other mechanics and they can help you

Hyundai Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 4 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. sounds like you have a switch on the the control head, if you replace the resistor already then the only thing it can be is the switch this switch is a step resistor that it provides resistance to the voltage applied to the blower motor through the resistor , this makes the blower have different speeds, if you already replace the resistor then it has to be the switch ,and if it was the blower it will simply not work.

HI DO YOU STILL NEED HELP?

No you answered my question thanks
Hyundai Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 3 months ago

thank you

Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech