Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a 2000 Hyundia Sonata 2.5 V6. I have been Having

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Hyundia Sonata 2.5 V6. I have been Having issues, with it dying for no reason, won't accelerate and surging, also the tranny acts weird shifting. and my Tachometer died, sometimes It fluctuates. I have changed the Mass air flow sensor, and a shop changed the throttle position sensor. I noticed when I lightly jiggle the wires to the connector, the engine starts to fluctuate. Can I just cut the wires back and splice them back together. What maybe causing all this
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Are you able to pull any codes from it ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The check engine does come on when it does this
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Doesn't come on

There still could be some codes in the computer though,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Already took it to a reputable shop, that put my throttle sensor on, and it acted up again after a couple weeks it did it again. we took it back, and they checked it and nothing showed, so they test my mass air flow sensor which had some slightly off readings. so I brought it home, as they couldn't get it to act up. so I cleaned my Then cleaned my Throttle body , then cleaned my mass air flow sensor the next day, it ran normal but no is still doing it again. it could be the imput and output speed sensors, but as in my question, the wires to the Throttle body sensor

You can get a new connector for that from rock auto and ensure your connection is good, if they dont have it the dealer will for sure, when you cleaned the MAF did you use MAF spray?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to MAF Spray
I Did, and cant wait for online, I'll try Dealer tomorrow

sounds good let me know what happens and we can go from there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK

.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Replaced connector to the TPS no surge or irradict idle when moving wires now, but did not solve on the road. Starting up the street, had sluggish acceleration, when the engine totally warmed it did ok, but only test drove about 3 mile today I'm installing input & output sensors, maybe that will take of the whole issue. Wish me luck

GOOD LUCK!