Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I just bought a 2007 Elantra for my granddaughter and it is

Customer Question
missing the alarm key so...
I just bought a 2007 Elantra for my granddaughter and it is missing the alarm key so every three days the alarm goes off what do I do
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: I have the key but not the alarm
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are telling me I need to buy a key
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
7/15/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 6 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet

The issue I m afraid will not be the alarm fob that you are missing , the anti theft system is going off because there a fault in the door switches ,hood ,,trunk , key antenna ,receiver etc ,so many to list ,to solve this issue take to dealer or a shop that has a factory scanner or equivalent nd read the fault code on the alarm module and based on these fault codes we can pull up trouble shoot and be accurate , buying another key fob will not solve it ,but when do repair it ,do get a new key fob for here ,

if you do get it scanned post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be accurate

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few