Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My right passenger window won't work anymore and

Customer Question

My right passenger window won't work anymore and unfortunately was open when it stopped
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2010 Hyundai Elantra
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to. Not really experienced but giving it a try
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I removed the right door panel
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

do you have a test light or multi meter on hand ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry. I somehow had lost the connection
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

we need to see at the motor when the passenger switch is pushed if one wire shows 12 volts and the other is a good ground

if that tests out then the motor is bad

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to buy a test light and test the drivers side door switches with the test light? The motor works for all the windows except the right passenger window
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

testing at the 2 wires at the window motor not working one should be 12 volts and the other a good ground when testing at the motor with the car ON and working the window switch

Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you need a volt meter or a test light . to see if the motor is getting power to the connector. theres no other way around it unless you want to start throwing parts at your vehicle.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Here are instructions to remove the door panel so you can check for power/ground at motor. If power/ground are good in both up/down position then replace the motor. If missing power/ground then check wiring in door jam. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5129cocckpspyev/window1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxtmsncyhtx6kpk/window2.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Dan thank you so much for the diagrams. So I remove panel for the side that isn't going to correct? So front passenger side?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

That is correct, then unplug window motor. Both wires going to motor should have power/ground in reverse order when pressing switch up/down. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know if you need anything. Thanks.