Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2012 elantra gls no brake lights new switch fuse is new

2012 elantra gls no brake lights new switch fuse is new still no brake lights

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

click on link to view the switch pin out connector & BCM module diagrams

There is 4 most common issue for no stop lamp

1-Wiring or ground faulty

2-Stop lamp switch faulty

3- fuse (15 amp) blown )

4-burned bulbs

5- BRAKE LAMP RELAY ( CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW LOCATION OF IT )

,So you have done most , we have a wiring issue or missing ground, the ground is supplied by the bcm

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The relay and the bcm is the most common issue ,but start with relay ,and pin out the switch connector and see what you are missing

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat