peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Have a 2001 Hyundai elentra if you accelerate a little fast

Customer Question

Have a 2001 Hyundai elentra if you accelerate a little fast the service engine light comes on and the trans shifts at high rpm's and after a short time it won't shift in high gear, it has low miles and this just started all at once, the fluid is clean, auto zone diagnostics say's it could be a pressure solenoid, I do not want to throw a bunch of money in it unless I buy the right part the first time, any clues?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: the transmission is a 2001 and no I haven't checked the brake switch?
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I will fix it my self only thing so far I put a conditioner in the fluid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of, thanks.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If a fault code set that was related to the pressure control solenoid in the transmission this will cause the solenoid will cause this fault here and would need replaced.I have seen the solenoid fail before causing this issue here.

If you know the fault code number that auto zone read out post the number here if you can as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete