Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Locked the keys in the trunk, ~17000 and no, otherwise I'd

Customer Question
locked the keys in the...
locked the keys in the trunk
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: ~17000 and no, otherwise I'd already know how to get into it anyway
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying. got into the locked car, but the trunk button is disabled because the KEY IS LOCKED IN THE TRUNK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I already know what an idiot I am for locking the key fob in the trunk?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
5/15/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Sorry to hear about the issue you having , it happens , i have locked in car before'

Question what model Hyundai you have ,let see if we have access thru the rear seat bench ,is an arm rest in rear seat ?

there is emergency latch or button we can press if we can access inside the trunk thru the rear seat ?

but That depends what model you have

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

2015 Sonata. As far as I could tell last night, in the dark, the rear seat armrest opens to a blank wall. The manual says that the seatback release mechanism is located inside the trunk, and can't be accessed from the car's cabin.

let me check for you be right back

Does the rear bench look like this pictuer diagram and has that middle arm rest

if you fold that down ,is there and cover you can pull out to see thru that access hole to the trunk or not

the part of the cover I pulled out had solid behind it, not a hole.

ok there is not an access hole ,unfortunately

Question where is the 2nd key Fob ,do you have it

don't have one. If I did, problem would be solved already. Bought car used, only one fob, haven't been able to get a second one yet.I need to open the trunk without a key.

One option is to get another Key fob and have it programmed , problem is you will need a factory scanner or a good lock smiths that can program the 2015 model key fob , to unlock it and get to your main key fob in the trunk

2nd option a capable Technician can find out the power circuit to the trunk lock actuator s from the fuse box an activate to open using a tool called power probe ,either way you can not do it your self with out proper equipment , not the answer you wan to hear but I believe this the situation we have

I already knew this solution. There is no lifehack to get it done myself then?

I thought you were maybe shopping and the 2nd key is at the house could have been a possibility :)but i got you .lol

what I told you is what you going to end up doing.

Good luck To you with it

Sorry I know you were looking for a Magical answer for it

Chad

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician