Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Well I recharged it a bit and took it for a drive and all of

Customer Question
a sudden it started smelling...
Well I recharged it a bit and took it for a drive and all of a sudden it started smelling like burned smoke so I figured my ac compressor was going out cause it was working fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: No I haven't it runs perfect never had a problem with it
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2009 sonata limited
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata Limited yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea nothing yet gotta figure out what it is. It just happened after the ac recharge I did
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's It mam
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/11/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, do you smell it inside the cabin or under hood?

Both
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Does it smell like a metal/plastic burning smell?

Plastic
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Was the ac working before charging it?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician