peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I put this in our last conversation with more detail. The

Customer Question

I put this in our last conversation with more detail. The gauges worked again for awhile, now on and off. Could it be a wire, a short a relay or something else. Or does a cluster work intermittently when it goes bad?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.

What model and year Hyundai?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2007 Hyundai Elantra
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My original question...On my 2007 Hyundai Elantra all the gauges stopped working. All the needles went down... speedometer, has, temp, tach. It's still lit up but I'm wondering if a fuse blew, or wire loose etc...It seams like I saw the needles all drop the other day then went right backup.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does it do that when it's going bad? I don't want to replace it just to find out it's a short or something else
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,I am responding due to our last conversation on this here.

Your instrument cluster is powered by 2 fuses.The 10 amp cluster fuse and the 15 amp LP fuse both in the instrument panel interior fuse panel.If any of these are loose this can cause this here.I dont see a relay myself in line that can cause this here.The most common cause is the instrument cluster itself needing replaced.I have had to replace the cluster for this fault here.You can check these fuses to make sure they are tight in their socket and you can have the connections checked at the cluster to see if any issues are found with a loose connection at the cluster.But if all of these are found to be o.k. then the cluster needs repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete