Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm installing a rear camera and am trying to wire it to the…

I'm installing a rear...

I'm installing a rear camera and am trying to wire it to the left rear backup light in my 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan. I have the Haynes Repair Manual and have reviewed the wiring diagrams, but the color coding on the installed system does not match the diagram in the Haynes Manual. Can I get an wiring diagram from Hyundai or on-line?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

I don't have the vehicle manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I've removed the cover and disconnected the plug to the combination light assembly so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Just need a reliable wiring diagram.

3/28/2017
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my diagram shows it as brown, I'll post it below.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brown is one of the colors in the wiring bundle. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.