Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I'm installing a rear camera and am trying to wire it to the

left rear backup light in...
I'm installing a rear camera and am trying to wire it to the left rear backup light in my 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan. I have the Haynes Repair Manual and have reviewed the wiring diagrams, but the color coding on the installed system does not match the diagram in the Haynes Manual. Can I get an wiring diagram from Hyundai or on-line?
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?
Customer: I don't have the vehicle manual.
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've removed the cover and disconnected the plug to the combination light assembly so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Just need a reliable wiring diagram.
3/28/2017
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my diagram shows it as brown, I'll post it below.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Brown is one of the colors in the wiring bundle. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician