Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a tiburon with 2.7 liter engine we need to get heads…

Customer Question
Have a tiburon with...

Have a tiburon with 2.7 liter engine we need to get heads off Compression tests O and so on. Phoned hyundai how to get head off they said use a 14 mm torx socket. Can not find one. I tried 13mm 6 sided that seemed to fit on but the head of the cylinder bolts are not and when i tried to take out the bolt the socket slipped. any suggestions. dennis

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Just over 200000. yes we replaced the timing belt and camshaft sensor ( likely due to belt)

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tiburon?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tiburon yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far we have changed the timing belt and have removed all that we could ( cams so on but we canoy get the head bolts out

Mechanic's Assistant: This sounds important. The mechanic will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a mechanic who has 2049 happy customers and a 4.7 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

No just asking how to get head bolts out so we can take head off. i should mention my brother is working with me . he has 56 years of journeyman experience

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some how just answer picked upon my last question about my printer this was fixed by a tech that came and fixed issue. now i need info on this 2008 hyundai tiburon. HOW do i get the head bolt out. I have the bolt pattern for removal but what type of SOCKET fits the head bolts they are REALLY tight .
dennis
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

Use 12 point cheap sockets they are the correct fit. A set is about $12 dollars, I have been using a Harbor Freight set for over 15 years on these.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great My brother should have, if not i am sure a local supplier will help. will try tomorrow Thanks
Dennis

Let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks!