Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Just had water pump, alternator, timing belt replaced when

Customer Question
drove away from mechanics alll...
just had water pump, alternator, timing belt replaced when drove away from mechanics alll was good, 4 hours later started car and got a squeal from engine, and when turning wheel the noise got worse, temperature -7 Celsius
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: timing belt had about 130000 KM on it replaced at 120000 km and now at 251000 km
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2007 tuscon 2.0
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no the above mention parts were replaced yesterday by a mechanic ..... did not replace serpentine belt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is about it
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
2/4/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

It sounds like the drive belt may be a little to loose. This has to be removed to get to the timing belt. I would either look at the drive belt for the power steering or get it back to the mechanic to have a look. At this point it's likely safe to drive it back there, but it should get attention right away. Especially in the colder weather, you don't want the belt to come off and have bigger problems.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician