Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I would like to know if the timing belt has to be changed on

Customer Question
a 2009 Hyundai Elenatra? JA: How...
I would like to know if the timing belt has to be changed on a 2009 Hyundai Elenatra?
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: It almost has a 100,000 km. and no never changed it. It
JA: What is the model of your '09 Hyundai?
Customer: Elantra Touring
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we just would like to know. Cause we know its expensive and we don't have the money for it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we would never do a big job like that either
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/23/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your timing belt is due to be changed at 116,000 mile and or 180,000 KM. If you are still at 100,000 miles then you have some time before you need to worry about changing it. See the Scheduled Maintenance for the belt in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Timing%20belt%20Jan%2023.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician