Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra gls with 101k miles.CarX

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2005...
Hi, I have a 2005 Hyundai Elantra gls with 101k miles.CarX cleaned the fuel system and the check engine light is on now. I'm getting a P0011 code from reader, I suspect the CVVT OCV. CarX says its not related to their work I have already paid $560 for tuneup. Is there something less expensive that I can try? Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/23/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 1 year ago
Thomas Ragusa

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a certified automotive technician and would like to help you today. The p0011 code is a camshaft timing code, the CVVT is disabled for saftely reasons when this code is active. I attached a quick diag sheet for you to look at, If you sprayed anything in the intake to clean the throttle body I would clear the code and let it sit over night and see if the code comes back in the morning. The only thing I can think of is that it is a hiccup with the intake control sol. the only thing closely related to what you did.