Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No heat in the cabin. 2007 Sonata LE. Maybe. Just

Customer Question
No heat in the...

No heat in the cabin

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2007 Sonata LE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Maybe. Just investigating possible issues. blend door seems likely candidate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have had a/c issues in the summer. may be related?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Do you get any heat when you accelerate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Engine is up to normal temperature, fan blows air but no heat. Engine speed makes no difference.

Ok

I am going to agree with your assessment that it needs a new blend door motor on it. This would be the most common problem. However, check the heater hoses where they go into the firewall when the car is up to temp. Make sure they are both the same temp. This will eliminate the heater core being plugged up. Unless you've done that already of course.

Check it out and let me know.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?