Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

2005 sonata malfunction light on. Car shakes in drive and

Customer Question

2005 sonata malfunction light on. Car shakes in drive and reverse.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Hyundai Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is my son's car. i had him drive another car for today i need to take it somewhere...kind of far to go to dealership for me should i be driving it at all?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Is the light blinking at all?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

From the description you are providing it sounds like there is a misfire. The car is able to be driven, but I would only take it to a nearby shop for diagnosis and repair. It likely needs a new ignition coil which shouldn't be a huge expense, but the less you drive it with the misfire the better.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!