Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2012 hyundai santa fe se awd 3.5 6cyl. engine, radiator

Customer Question

2012 hyundai santa fe se awd 3.5 6cyl. engine, radiator cooling fan continues to run for long period after engine is shut down & drains battery. can i disable it or by disconnecting a fuse or wire, but do not know location of fuse or wire
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: nothing specific in manual other than condenser fan fuses, but i believe that is referring to air cond. condenser fan
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had to put battery on charger for one hour at 50 amp charge to get car started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

If you disable the cooling fan, you can no longer drive, the vehicle would overheat.

How long does the fan run after shut down?

While driving is there an overheating issue?

Have you tested the battery and alternator?

A fully charged battery should be able to run the fan about 2-3 hours. The fan should run after shut down about 5 minutes to cool off the coolant and engine.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris