Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My alarm went off and on twice last night. I went out to

Customer Question
Hello, my alarm went off...
Hello, my alarm went off and on twice last night. I went out to check it and it wouldn't start. I thought something was wrong with the battery but all the lights worked but the car won't start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David. when you try to start the car what happens? does it crank or does it do nothing at all?

I will be on throughout the day, but will be leaving for an appointment shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At first it clicked, after that nothing at all. I tried to get a jump and nothing happened. The battery seems strong.

ok, when you try to start the car does the security light on the dash go out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually I'm not sure, I wasn't looking for that. I'm away from the car now. I will check. If the security light comes on what should I do next?
Thank You

if the security light doesnt go out when trying to start, the immobilizer has been activated and you will need to call a certified locksmith with the proper test equipment to come and reprogram your key or have the vehicle towed to the dealer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if the security light doesn't come on?

then we need to check to see if the fuel pump is running

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuel pump can disable the car?

yes it can. what i need you to do is turn the key to the run position. listen closely to see ig you can hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds. if you cant hear it then have someone stick their ear to the fuel door while you turn the key to the run position.

do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi David, almost certain it's an alarm problem. I disconnected the positive from the battery and as soon as I reconnected the battery the alarm came on.
So what's the next step?
Thank You

When you reconnect the positive battery terminal and the alarm goes off hit the lock/unlock button on the key fob.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have the valet key, my remote is broken. Is there another way?

standby please. thanks

disconnect both battery terminals. clamp them together for 15 minutes to reset all modules. reconnect them and see if that helps.

just checking in to see how its going

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, sorry for the delay. The car is now working. I reset the alarm and it's working fine so far. Thank You for your help

you're welcome. glad its working... please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you. have a great week.

...

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic