Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Brakes don't work when first turning on the car and at slow

Customer Question

brakes don't work when first turning on the car and at slow speeds, also tachometer revs up and down at certain speeds, usually 30-40mph
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 121k, original brakes I believe, but may have had new pads at some point
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2007 Matrix
JA: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am able to work on it, but have not done anything yet. I was just googling potential problems before I tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: brakes work fine most of the time, just when going slow they don't have much power
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help you. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I may help you better. I read your question and notes and have a question before we start. Have you got or can get a vacuum gauge? What your describing is perhaps a loss of vacuum at low speeds You can check all your vacuum hoses for leaks and cracks to start.