Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Just changed the fuel pump in my daughter's 2007 Accent and

Customer Question
Hi, just changed the fuel...
Hi, just changed the fuel pump in my daughter's 2007 Accent and now it won't start, just turns over until the battery runs low. It was just a standard procedure, disconnected the negative battery cable, disconnected the plug and 2 lines from the pump, removed, replaced and now won't start. I removed the supply line to the fuel rail to turn the car over thinking it was just an air lock but nothing is even coming out. I can here the pump run for a few seconds when I turn the key on but nothing is getting to the fuel rail almost as if it's the immobilizer. When I initially removed the fuel line from the pump I thought that more fuel should have leaked back down from the line but there wasn't as much as I thought...
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: Don't think there is a leak. I drove the car in the garage and it was running fine. She had symptoms of a clogged fuel filter when she was driving it but there was no fuel on the driveway or any smell of fual leaking.
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tested the fuel pump to make sure it was operational, tested the ground to it and the power to it and they were fine, I don't think it's a gas cap issue as I wouldn't expect that would not allow it to run at all. My next thought was to disconnect the fuel supply line from the fuel rail and the pump and see if I can run air rpessure through it to see if it's clogged. Perhaps when it drained, sediment plugged it in a bend along the line or something. What do you think?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/2/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1-Unplug the feed line on fuel pump and turn switch on ,pump should run 3 secs ,is there fuel pressure flow ,use a rag or towel to hold that fuel that comes out

2-start from the fuel pump ,the filter is built in the fuel pump in this one .so that is replaced if you replaced fuel pump

3-When you replaced the fuel pump are you saying there sediment on fuel pump and you cleaned tank and then intsalled new pump is that correct ?

4-you can have fuel at the rail but are the fuel injector pulsing ? will be next step.

5-Do you have fuel gauge tester ?

these are the fuel secs

2007 Hyundai Accent L4-1.6L

Save Article

Standard Value:........................................343 kpa (3.5 kg 49.8 psi)

6-if you spray starting fluid in tb body does it start

7- I sent you the wiring circuit diagram for the fuel pump,fuel pump relay ,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

THE FUEL PUMP RELAY IS PCM CONTROLLED ON THIS ONE ,IS THAT RELAY STAYING ENGAGED WHEN TRY TO START IT

8- DO YOU HAVE FUEL RETURN AND FEED LINE MIXED UP ,CLICK ON BLUE LINK TO VIEW DIAGRAM & TO VIEW CONNECTION

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1 - yes fuel comes out 2 - replaced the filter and pump 3 - no, I am assuming there is sediment in the line as I removed the fuel supply line from the pump and turned the key and fuel does pump out 4 - I mentioned I am not getting fuel to the rail so no need to look at injectors at this point, need to get fuel to the rail 1st 5 - no fuel guage tester, again need to get fuel to the rail first 6 - swaped out the relay and it didn't change anything

then blew the lines like you mentioned if nothing at rail

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician