Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Timing belt broke and wrapped around crank on my 2006

Timing belt broke and...

Timing belt broke and wrapped around crank on my 2006 Hyundai Tucson could it have hurt anything else

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

Don't know got it used have put about 36,000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2016
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

V6 or 4 cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 cylinder
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 cylinder have belt off ordered belt kit but need to know if l might have more problems

This is a interference engine so there is possibility of valve damage. The valves can usually handle a beating so I'd recommend installing belt and go from there. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl0c78eb8ozaydc/tbelt.pdf?dl=0

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem, let me know if you run into questions. Thanks again and have a good evening!