Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

It wont start intermittently. Sometimes it starts and runs

Customer Question
It wont start intermittently....
It wont start intermittently. Sometimes it starts and runs fine for 3 or 4 days. then on the 4th day it won't start and may not start for the next 3 days but then it will start on the 4th day. When it starts it runs like new. There is 195 k miles on this car.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes I cleaned and put the terminals back on, the battery is fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2007 accent
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the fule pump
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
11/28/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** here to help you. I cannot hear or see your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your question and before we start I need to clarify one thing, when you say it don't start .Do you mean it won't crank the engine or it won't fire up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It wont fire up. It cranks fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cancel my request. I thought someone was helping me right now. You started out with $5 and then it was up to $20. I don't need your help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Return my money because I am not satisfied with your service.

Sorry we must be in a different time zone , when you didn't reply I went to bed as it was after 12:00 pm here. If you wish we can continue here.Thanx for that info, now we have to determine if it is spark or fuel problem causing this.The fast and easy way to eliminate a fuel problem is to use quick start as some one turns it over give a shot into the throttle body. Don't worry I won't leave you stranded again and I won't ask you to rate me until we solve this. But what you might want to do is do a battery load test because i have seen many times a battery crank good but no reservepower goin to the ignition, they should have at least 9+ volts in reserve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please just return my money. I do not want to go any further on this site. Thank You
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician