Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

No ground to fuel pump relay, 114000 fuel pump ran then

Customer Question
no ground to fuel pump...
no ground to fuel pump relay
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 114000 fuel pump ran then stopped I WAITED car ran I went to where I had to go shut the car off and when Iwent back to the car it stated and quit I put in anew pump but no electric the pump relay has no neg from cpu is it time for computer
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: accent manuel trans
JA: What year is your Accent?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: has new pump
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
11/12/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Angel Martinez,
 replied 1 year ago
Angel Martinez

Hello my name is Angel

If you're not getting the ground that is supplied by the computer to operate the fuel pump relay, your computer might not be getting the ground it needs. find a wiring diagram and the computer. the connectors have one or two thicker black wires in each connector to the computer, use a jumper wire from ground to the back of those black wires. be sure to leave the computer connected and make sure that you have inserted the ground wire into the back of that wire terminal. then turn the ignition key to start, listen for the fuel pump to turn on for 3 seconds. if it comes on then you have a bad ground and you can run a new one to any unpainted metal on the vehicle. you will have to try this each time you try one of the black wires to the computer.

Please rate me if that helps.

Hyundai Mechanic: Angel Martinez,
 replied 1 year ago
Did this information help you?if so Please rate my information.Thanks.
Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez