Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. The electronic stability

Customer Question
control light comes on saying...
I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. The electronic stability control light comes on saying the system is off and then I lose steering and power. I reset the ESC button and the car starts again. I've researched this online and car owners seem to say it can't be fixed. What do you know about this issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
11/8/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The ESC issue is caused by a defective Brake Pedal Switch (located under the Brake Pedal ). This can also cause inability to start the car.
In many cases this problem starts intermittently, and get progressively worse.

The first thing I would do is to change the brake pedal switch And also have it scanned with dealer scanner or equivalent ,to retrieve the ABS Fault code to confirm .

Hyundai had TSB( Technical Service Bulletin ) not A recall, Basically know problem but they want pay for it ,just buy the switch from dealer the new switch is an upgraded part

Please let me know if that works for you or you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat