Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

Hyundai 2011 Santa Fe cabin air blower makes abnormal noise

Customer Question

Hyundai 2011 Santa Fe cabin air blower makes abnormal noise but continues to do the job. Seems to be straining.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for holding!
From what you are describing here, it sounds like the bearings internal of the blower motor are wearing out and causing the blower to off balance, which creates the noise. More than likely, the blower motor is going to need to be replaced. The blower motor is accessed from under the passenger's side dash. Remove the passenger's side silencer panel to gain access. Remove the blower motor and make sure there is nothing trapped in the blower wheel. If the inspection checks ok, replacing the blower motor should solve the problem. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?