Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

We have a Hyundai Tuscon 2005, and it won't start, although

Customer Question

We have a Hyundai Tuscon 2005, and it won't start, although the Radio works and the Guages light up and the Headlights work.
Could the Battery Terminals be corroded or loose, if that does not fix the problem then what?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

What happens when you turn the key to the crank position to start the engine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing, not a sound at all, no clicking no nothing, but the Accessories all work!
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that information. This problem is most likley caused by a bad starter motor. You will need to verify power down at the starter with the key in the CRANK or START position. If there is full battery voltage but the starter is not engaging, the starter motor is bad and will need to be replaced.

If there is no power to the starter, then you would have a bad nuetral switch, ignition switch or something else going on with the starting circuit. Just let me know and I can help walk you through this diagnosed.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.