Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a Hyundai Sonata 2006. Air is not working, I bought

Customer Question
the can but couldn't use...
I have a Hyundai Sonata 2006. Air is not working, I bought the can but couldn't use it. The compressor is not engaging, the pulley is stationary.
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
10/21/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks

hey How are you

I will try help you with it

1- first let see if we have Freon in the system

2- you will need ac test gauges to hook up to the low side ac line , you need to see 100 psi or more on gauge with car off.

3- have you checked fuses

4- have you checked the ac compressor relay

5- is the ac light comes on inside the car on the ac panel when you press it and is the blower motor inside the cabin working ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, I will measure pressure on the low side with car off.
Then will go to the other items of your list. Will get back to you soon....

ok sounds good

I m online daily from 10 am till late usually

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Answering your question #5
is the ac light comes on inside the car on the ac panel when you press it --- Yes
is the blower motor inside the cabin working ? --- Yes

ok good you know where the ac low pressure switch can unplug and jump the connector with a jump wire ?

unplug compressor wire check with ac on switch on do you have power ?

give power straight to compressor does clutch kicks in

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know where is the ac low pressure switch. How do i find it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that the ac switch in side car on the panel?

This the location of it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

let me know i m here till 8 tonight

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here's the scoop:
The switch has 3 pins and its a transducer. There are three wires going to the transducer, I didnt know which pins I should short.
However, I pulled the clutch connector out and with a piece of wire, I put 12 Volts on the clutch contact (I hear a click) and the compressor engages.

you have 4 or 6 cylinder , i need to look up the connector wire

one on those 3 wires are black in the connector side correct ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

is there another pressure switch with 2 wires you , follow the ac lines has to be threaded on them ?

hey i m looking at the picrures agin yiu sent me that gauges SHOWING 10 PSI OF PRESSUER YOU ARE NOT FULL OF FREEON ?

YOU ARE BELOW 25 % SO IT WANT KICK IN , THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT LOCKED UP

I WOULD ADD FREON AND IF YOU CAN TRY TAKING BELT OFF YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPIN THE COMPRESSOR BY HAND WITH A LITTLE FORCE YOU SHOULD FEEL TENSION WHEN TURNING IF YOU WAN TO MAKE SURE NO COMPRESSOR LOCK UP BEFORE ADDING FREON

LOOK AT THAT GAUGE AGAIN , THIS A ADVANCE AUTO KIND OF GAUGE BUT SHOWS PSI IN BLACK COLOR AS MEASUREMENT UNIT AND IT GOES TO 80 PSI

THIS IS NOT AN ACCURATE GAUGE BUT STILL YOU SHOW 10

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I M SEE THE GAUGE WRONG

CHAD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I send you a wrong measurement of pressure, sorry.
Yesterday I measured again, When I connected the gas can, the little hand (indicator) of the meter gives a complete turn around the dial. I thought the pressure was too high, was after 8pm, so ... here what I did:
I released some gas thru the valve in low pressure side, the pressure became low again, but when I tried to re fill with the gas can, the pressure goes to the red on the dial very quickly. The compressor clutch still didnt engage.
This is a 4 cylinder.
Hey sorry internet is dragging today I on east coast .
Jump the black and gray wire , the 2 outside one , no worries of hurting anything the circuit is fused , we can recheck our fuses in case anything blew .
I like to have the system evacuate , vacuum with pump for 30 minutes make sure no air in system and holding vacuum then recharge.
But tell me if the clutch kicks in when u jump connector .
Hope u get this reply
Chad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, will let u know...

okay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shorted outside pins, but compressor still not engaging.

with a test light what you have on the pressure switch pins ,switch on ac button on ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I measured with the multimeter: 1700 Ohms between black and green wires, with air on.

that want work for me , you need a test light , does the test light lite up at any of the 3 wires on that pressure switch

can you get a test light and check it that way not with multi-meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to find a test light and will get back to you later,

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
light up when i test the grey wire

jump the gray and the middle wire then, does compressor kicks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Let's do one more test ,take test light lead off the negative battery terminal and hook it to the positive side terminal,now we looking for ground not power .Do not touch it to the grey wire(if you do you will blew a fuse and short stuff out ,dont touch the wire that has power , that has 12 volts ,test the green and the black wire , does the test light lites up.
If it does we found ground .
Let me know
And are we sure and the freon being full now.Also can you get to the compressor take belt off ,You supposed to able to spin it by hand can you or is it locked up ,belt off.
Let me know
Thanks

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat