Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need detailed and explicit answers on some codes and

Hello.
I need detailed and explicit answers on some codes and repairs of Hyundai Genesis 2012 r-spec 5.0l
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need detailed and explicit answers on some codes and repairs of Hyundai Genesis 2012 r-spec 5.0l. It was in a wreck and the airbag and seat went out. The airbag and seat belt was changed. The airbag control module was also reset. But now i have the ESC code still showing and when scanned by a local mechanic gave these trouble codes B1620, B1684,B1409, B2502 and B1494. What do I need to fix to clear the codes as I need to take the car for state inspection. Also can you identify the name of the attached sensor? It was pulled from the driver side fender above the frame/firewall. This was done because there's a loose wire around the fender/tire. Does this have anything to do with the codes? Please advise.Thanks

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello. I am ready now.

Below are the links for each code. There is not a 1684 code. Diagnosing or rather replacing the model from code 1620 is the first step.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1620.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1409.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/2502.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1494.pdf

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the answer, I still need need some clarity. So you are saying change the module and that may fix all the other codes? Also, did you identify the attached sensor picture. I am thinking that may be a missing link as well. There is a loose wire on the driver's side that the sensor should connect to. Do you know the name?If I a a module that has not been involved in a crash, will this work with my car and do I need to reset or do anything with the module?

No I am not saying replacing the module will address all the codes. I am saying that repair has to be done first then retested. I found no documentation stating a non wrecked used module will not work, though none either, saying a used module will work. I am not allowed to install used air bag related parts at my dealer so I have never tried a used module. We install a new one and complete the programming steps. Can you get me the part number off of that sensor.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. Can you advise on the step by step instructions on how to clear the ESc light. I do not have the part number, a picture was sent to me.

To clear the ESC light we need to diagnose why it is on, do the repairs needed, then the light can be turned off by clearing the codes with a scan tool or battery disconnect once the repairs are done.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The scan was done and thats the code received I shared in my first question

So all you need to do now is perform all the diagnostic steps I provided prior and complete all the repairs outlined in those steps.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How can you break that down for me in simple steps please? The links looks cumbersome.

Which code do you want to diagnose first?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The B1620

Okay lets do the test for code 1620

With the key off connect a scan tool

Turn the key on

Scan for codes.

Clear all codes.

Scan for codes again

Does code 1620 return?

If so then replace the SRSCM.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did this scan the srscm was replaced.But I got new codes come up. B1742, B1347, B1482 and B1730. Please advise.ThanksI also have a loose wire (sensor plug in or harness) on the driver side. Can you help identify what sensor is on the driver side right under the inner fender liner? I don't know if this have anything to do with these codes.I found out what the other sensor was, its the DRL sensor.

I have reached the max limit on uploads I can send to provide to you the diagnostic steps. If you need those I have to now do so in premium service which i am sending after this post.

On this wire, I would need to know what it connects to to find it in a wire diagram.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't get it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what determines when it goes over to premium when I didn't get satisfying answers. I didn't use any of the schematics you sent either.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I really don't need diagrams, I just need you to kindly identify what sensor goes on the driver side inner fender liner, right above the frame. It will be sitting directly over the tire under the liner.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was told this is unlimited answers. I was charged even before getting answers. How so?

I just answer questions, I have nothing to do with the fees. I can close the post and forward this to customer service if you want.

I need a picture of this sensor close and far away as well as a part number and wire colors to identify it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have the part number, it was destroyed with the car in the accident but the color of the plug in is orange and black
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I at the least have to know the wire colors. I can not match up something from a connector view.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please let's go by the sensor located on that part of the car. It's right above the inner fender. At the middle of the frame above the tire on the driver side.

My best guess, not knowing the wire colors to the connector your holding. That connector possibly goes to an ABS sensor.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Trying to figure out the open connector by the driver side. You answers were eye opener.... though I am needing help still regardless I will rate you 5star
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pls just help me with this sensor on the driver side and I will be good.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you make anything of these?

There is just not enough there in your hand for me to tell you what it is. All I can tell is there are 2 wires and a resistor, but I still do not know the wire colors.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But we can go by the location on the car which is the best option here. Do you need more clarification as where I described earlier?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tell me how do to your rating pls

The rating is at the top of the screen.

Searching diagrams is not that easy. I can not just write in where to look. I have to know what it is I am looking for then i can follow the diagrams to find what it is at the end.

I need to know the wire colors going into the back of the connector.