Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2004 Hyundai Accent code P2418 replaced Purge Control

Solenoid, ck lines. clear out...
2004 Hyundai Accent code P2418 replaced Purge Control Solenoid, ck lines. clear out code, still comes back. Have the Evap. Emission Leak Detection Pump out, anyway to ck it? Anything else with it?
10/14/2016
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there.

P2418 sets when the onboard computer (PCM) detects that the Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage (DM-TL) change over valve control circuit is open or disconnected. In other words, this code is not about an EVAP leak in it of itself, but about a malfunction of the module used to detect those leaks.

This issue is mostly caused by either a bad DM-TL or an open circuit. I've attached a pic showing the DM-TL location under the rear floor panel; also attached is a procedure to test the harness using a regular volt-ohm meter.

Please let me know if that helps solve your issue.

Best Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I just received a message from the site on your behalf saying you're requesting a live phone call. If this is so, please confirm so I can send you the service offer. On the other hand, if you did not place such request, then we can continue working through this chat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for be so late. is there any way to ck out the DM_TL?

The DM-TL is serviced as an assembly. The only checks released by Hyundai are an actuator test, which is done with the scan tool to verify the module is working; and the harness tests that I've uploaded for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Juan nothing is working, always going back to same code P2418

I don't quite understand what you mean; if you performed the harness tests and found the harness and connectors to be good, then that would indicate the DM-TL assembly is bad and needs to be replaced. Have you done that?

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer