Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Heater switch stays powered runs the battery down, No leaks,

Customer Question
Heater switch stays powered runs...
Heater switch stays powered runs the battery down
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2005 sonata
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fan relay and control panel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Runs the battery down
Heater control panel always has power
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is wrong with my car it is past 24 hours
Answered in 1 day by:
10/11/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello, I just saw your question,

Does the blower motor run when you turn the key off when the battery is charged?

This is an automatic system where you set the temperature and the system controls the blower speed to do the rest?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when even with key out of the switch

OK, under the right side of the dash is the blower motor, follow the wiring from the motor up to the blower transistor and replace the transistor. Two screws allow you to pull it down out of the heater case. Replacing this part will restore normal operation to the motor.

Let me know what questions you have about this

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This has already been replaced

Then it is the same issue, do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit and what is the brand and part number of the part that was replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lights stay powered on the heater control where you change it from heat. AC. Defrost
This control panel always has power even with the key off we changed it and still have the same problem

That is a different issue than the blower running after the key is off.

If you remove the IG2 fuse from the underhood box does the controls power down? If it does the ignition switch is the fault.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We will try that tomorrow thanks

OK, let me know what you find, the controls have a couple of power sources but the IG2 fuse is what should turn off when the switch is off.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no IG2 fuse
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it a relay

Hello again,

So you can't find the IG2 fuse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is an IGN2 relay

There is a fuse as well.

It is 30 amps and is next to the low beam headlamp relay. No IG2 fuse.

Do you have the cover for the engine fuse block?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not under the hood it is on the inside when it is removed the light still is on

The IG2 fuse is in the underhood fuseblock lower left hand corner one fuse up from the bottom

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Removed and still has power
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He removed all 30 amp and relay and still has power

I don't know then, I will opt out of your question as I can't help further

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Paid for nothing thanks
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician