Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Purchased 2012 hyundai elantra with 99,000 miles and do not

Customer Question
know if the transmission fluid...
purchased 2012 hyundai elantra with 99,000 miles and do not know if the transmission fluid was ever changed. Is it recommended to change if you don't know if it ever was changed?
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: There is no dip stick to check the level. And don't know if it was ever changed. I'm the 2nd owner.
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There is nothing wrong yet, just wanted to know if it needed changing. Heard years ago that changing fluid that was never changed can cause problems but don't know if that applies to cars made in the past 5 years.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
10/5/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

Yes, change the fluid. It is a twice drain and refill or a 12 quart exchange in a shop with a fluid exchange machine. Use Hyundai fluid only. There is a chack plug that the level can be determined if you can raise the vehicle evenly such as a lift.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician