Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2010 Hyundai Elantra. Very sluggish acceleration, no power

Customer Question

2010 Hyundai Elantra. Very sluggish acceleration, no power with codes P0441, P0268, P0271, P0265, the first code shows twice.Please advise on possible fix and how to test. Thanks
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You

Hey how are you

you welcome

the P0265 ,p0268,p0271 all injector circuit issue .i m assuming the car dont run good at all, or don t run at all now with 3 injectors not spraying

the po0441 is emission related

Check the injectors ,

are you getting power to injectors , are you getting ground from ecm

Engine Engine Control - P0265 Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit High - Component Inspection Component Inspection 1. Ignition "OFF" 2. Disconnect injector connector 3. Measure resistance between terminals 1 and 2 of the injector connector (Component side) Specification

4. Is resistance within the specification? between 13.8 & 15.2 ohms

Engine Engine Control - P0268 Cylinder 3 Injector Circuit High - Component Inspection Component Inspection 1. Ignition "OFF" 2. Disconnect injector connector 3. Measure resistance between terminals 1 and 2 of the injector connector (Component side) Specification

Engine Engine Control - P0271 Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit High - Component Inspection Component Inspection 1. Ignition "OFF" 2. Disconnect injector connector 3. Measure resistance between terminals 1 and 2 of the injector connector (Component side) Specification

Engine Engine Control - P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow - General Information

Check the diagrams i sent you to dignas this problem,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh14wjnksdl4ga5/12.gif?dl=0

I sent you the circuit for the injector between them and the ecm for your review , it is a link to my dropbox so you can downloaded and zoom in on it

2 wires , b+ from main relay and ecm control on the other

Most common cause

1- ground loose , check all ground from engine block to frame .

2- injector wiring from main relay( i sent you a picture location for it ) or from ecm control wire

3- injector themselves

4- Check the spark plugs & coils ,have they been changed, have you checked ?

5- defective ecm

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the car in front of me at the moment so I am going to try to cover the bases so I can properly diagnose when I do. First do you have a diagram to show which pin on the main relay is the injector ground? Verify ground straps and engine ground is intact. If so then check for power and pulsed ground to injector pigtail if it has power/ground verify good plugs and wires and replace if it's the problem. If it's not then the injectors are bad. If there is no power ground run a continuity test on between the injector pigtail and the ECM connector. repair wire/s as needed, if they have continuity then the ECM is bad. Is that all correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the ECM is bad is it plug and play or does it have to be programmed to the vehicle?

Yes sir , It will need to be programmed, it will not be plug & play, unless you send yours out for rebuild ,then it will be plug & play

Please don't forget to rate me before you exit since that is how we get compensated

Thank You

Chad