Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My son blew up the radiator running it with low water. We

Customer Question
replaced the radiator, hoses and...
My son blew up the radiator running it with low water. We replaced the radiator, hoses and thermostat but it still over heats. I suspect the heater core may leak but don't think that is the problem. The oil didn't appear frothy so i thought the head gasket was ok. I'm at my wits end at the moment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Check the water flow from the water pump, the fins can deteriorate causing low flow.

Also, check compression and cylinder leak down just in case there is a blown head gasket and it's NOT visible yet to see.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor