Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

It has stopped.I putted in park a little to early when I

Customer Question
shoul stop, and the engine...
It has stopped.I putted in park a little to early when I shoul stop, and the engine stopped, and will not start again. Have these codes, appear when I crank the engine. P0340 and B1329. Have change the cam sensor on top og the engine, didn`t help.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: P0340 and B1329. Changed the cam position sensor A (sitting on topp of the engine)
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2004 model, VIN:KMHJN81VP5U031727
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Read the codes and changed the cam position sensor. Traying to fix it by my self yes. Can any of these codes make the engine stop (not start)?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no don`t think so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
8/24/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. unfortunatley when you put the car in park before stopping, it jumped time. please do not attempt to start anymore, as it may damage the cylinder head valves. the only solution to this is to first have a compression test done to determine if any valves were damaged, then have the engine re timed.

any update?

hello??????????

Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Putting the transmission in park didn't cause the no start condition.

P0340 sets when there is no cam sensor signal although crank signal is present. This could be the sensor, it's wiring or connections, or incorrect cam timing. Wiring and connection issues aren't that common but possible.

Does the engine sound faster or uneven when trying to start it now?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician