Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

This has been driving me crazy. Starting at about 6 PM every

Customer Question
night my 2006 Sonata alarm...
This has been driving me crazy. Starting at about 6 PM every night my 2006 Sonata alarm system randomly goes off until about 2 AM. I had a new hood switch installed about 3 months ago for a problem starting and and an electronic box installed by the dealer for $1000.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No but I will do so. But why does the system go off even when I do not locked the door at all?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Hyundai?
Customer: Sonata
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am so frustrated after spending so much money with dealer to fix a problem with not being able to start the car and now that is also happening again intermittently. I relied on the dealer telling me that the car was totally fixed. I feel ripped opff.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
7/19/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this issue if your still seeking assistance?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • While the vehicle is off and locked for over an hour, If you push and pull on all doors and the trunk/liftgate and hood. Can you make the alarm go off?

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician