Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Won't start, No, December 2015. 07 entourage, Yes, No,

Customer Question
Won't start JA: Does the engine...
Won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No, December 2015.
JA: What is the model of your '15 Hyundai?
Customer: 07 entourage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
7/4/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Okay, if the engine does NOT even crank, we do need to start with checking the battery for a full charge, and then LOAD testing it. From there, we check both terminals at both ends for tightness and corrosion. Lastly, the starter can be at fault.

thanks, Ron

Also, if ALL these items test good, it's possible that the security system is causing this and you would need a scan tool attached to the system to find out why.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already checked that. Everything I researched on line points to the small fuse box at the drivers side left knee.

Okay, so where did that lead you? The scan tool will tel you all that you need to know.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's called the IPM. Any idea the cost of the IPM?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried to locate one online, but can't find one.

Only the dealer would have that, and I don't have their pricing. However, I'm betting it would be much cheaper and easier to attache a scan tool and find out for sure, that's why they exist:)

Thanks again for your question, and please remember to rate me so i get credit for helping you with the correct answers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It won't start to get it to A scan tool.

Sorry I can't solve that problem, but it is needed to do this work. I hope you don't let this bad news effect my rating for helping you and telling you the truth.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was really looking for someone with Hyundai specific advice. Not general trouble shooting.

This is VERY real, and NOT general at all. It's a VERY simple NO START issue that needs specific diagnostics to get diagnosed correctly. I'm sorry you don't have the tools to accomplish this, but that is NOT my fault and should NOT effect my rating. I gave you valid and truthful information. There are no magic answers for this one.

Thanks again, and please be fair with me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In fairness, you know that's general advice. Not Hyundai specific. I will be fair. But it sounds like to me you're fishing for a good rating, more than a solution. I was looking toward this site, as I have before, for something that would be specific to my model and problem. All you had to do is let me know that you're not familiar with a problem to this model. Not offer up the basic steps that can be found for free all over the Internet. When you go to a pay site you expect a little more.

There is nothing specific or I would have told you that right off the bat and not wasted our time. I have ALL of the Hyundai data and information at my fingertips and checked it all for you before replying anything at all.

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor