Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My radio doesn't work doesn't turn on, Nope I 't know how to

Customer Question
My radio doesn't work doesn't...
My radio doesn't work doesn't turn on
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Nope I don't know how to do that
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2012 sonata
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. And I've tried nothing so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
7/2/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be the radio itself or a loss of power or ground to it. The first step will definitely be to check the fuse, if ok then the radio would need to be removed to test it's power and ground feeds before condemning it.

There are three fuses in the box in the dash that are in question. You'll need to either replace them with known good fuses, look at them visually to see if they are burnt, or they can be tested with an ohm meter. The fuses you need to look at are 7.5a MODULE 1, 10 a CLOCK, and 15a AUDIO.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician