peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The sliders and rear hatch on my 2008 Entourage will work

Customer Question

The sliders and rear hatch on my 2008 Entourage will work with the console buttons and with the remote but will not work with the handles themselves.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuses hoping it was an easy, simple fix but couldn't see anything wrong there. I am a senior citizen with no pension or savings and my dealership wanted $169.00 just to tell me what the problem might be. That did not include fixing it. I am hoping that maybe there is a module that I would be able to order and replace myself.
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: My van has at least 2 fuse panels, or 3. Not sure about that. Also not sure which circuit you mean, or how to check it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. This is my first problem with the sliders and rear hatch. I love my van. It's been a fantastic vehicle. It is the GLS and it has 100,000 km on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.I have seen issues with internal ecu faults not picking up the signals to allow the doors to open like this here with an ecu needing replaced.If you can get the codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool and let me know what codes are set this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete