Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2001 hyundia XG 300L. Power steering pump i believe

Customer Question
is bad want to know...
I have a 2001 hyundia XG 300L. Power steering pump i believe is bad want to know if this would cause TCS light to remain on and if not what needs to be done to remedy this also oil light flickers on and off but once i accelerate it goes off temporarily. Why. Is this happeneing also ABS light on constantly con
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also have an intermitent acceleration problem.when first giving the car gas to take off it will start to take off then boggs down ill hear what sounds like a muffled backfire and yhen the car will accelerate .this will also occur if i need to brake like when approaching a stop light and it changes to green and thetefore i accelerate rather than complete the stop. Or approaching. Slower traffic. This doesnt happen all the time son i havent noticed any particular reccuring other signs that might give a clue as to the the problem. The. CEL HAS COME ON AND I HAD THE CODE READ AND IT SAID MISFIRE IN CYLINDER. DONT REMEMBER WHICH ONE THOUTHOUGH DONT THE CODE. IT BUT OUT EITHER
6/7/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

no, the pump will not set the code.

the abs light being on has taken the tcs system off line. the code for the abs failure needs to be read, find the failure and repair it and then the abs light will go out as well as the tcs light. all will be good there.

as far as the oil light, it may be the sensor that is at fault or you have very low oil pressure at idle causing the light to come on.

the first thing I would do is have the code read for the abs. a parts store will do it for free.

Roy

how are you making out

are you there??? trying to help

are you going to respond???

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest