K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

09 Sonata makes a noise like you're turning ignition while

Customer Question

09 Sonata makes a noise like you're turning ignition while it is already running
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sounds like starter grinding as if you try to start while its already running. Also, radio goes off during this period.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. thinking about replacing ignition switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, these are symptoms of a bad ignition switch. It's not very hard to replace, labor time is under an hour (.6) i'll post info on how to do it and the part numbers below for you. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!