Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Malfunction indicator light stays on JA: The mechanics have

Customer Question
Malfunction indicator light stays on JA...
Malfunction indicator light stays on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code it's a 2012 crdi
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depends really, if I turn the vehicle off and turn it back on it will Rev beyond 3000 rpm but when I drive it won't go past 3000 rpm
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: No everything else is good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
5/22/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi im kevin the car is going into limp mode this is when the engine management system picks up on a fault it believes may cause damage so it limits power to what we call limp mode to get you home .you will need to have car plugged it to retrieve fault code that is stored in memory .this code will relate to fault this is the only way to find the cause
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic