George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hey, I located the audio fuses easily, but what/where is the

Customer Question

hey,
I located the audio fuses easily, but what/where is the "double memory shunt?"
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, That is the yellow fuse holder you can pull up out of the fuse block. What is the year and model of your Hyundai?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 Santa Fe GLS 6 cyl. 2. 7 liter
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Should be in the fuse block to the left of the steering column. Pull the cover off and it is the yellow holder in the corner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Will try in about an hour. In the middle of an outdoor project.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Click here for diagramIt is labeled power connector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George,
I sent you photos late yesterday of my fuse board. did you receive it? I don't feel confident determining which fuses are "A", "B", etc.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't see it. Did you use the attachment paperclip from the tool bar? I posted a diagram of the box above, yours should look like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Let me try again to interpret the fuse board. Do you read it left to right or top to bottom? I don't see anything yellow.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
May be a black connector in the lower left. Through the opening in the dash you only see the fuse portion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do see something black that has a "on" side and an "off" side.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
It should look exactly like the diagram I don't know that this will resolve your issue but that is the memory connector used during shipping to prevent the battery from being drained. It does interrupt power to the radio.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OH, George, I think this is beyond my skill set. I am going to try a "hands on" mechanic.Thanks,
Sheri
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent the photos via my iPhone to the text message from you. Forgive me, but I am not super Tech savvy!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
We don't get text, can you open the browser, find this question at your account on the Just Answer site and you should see a toolbar above the posting window to attach the picture with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George, I managed to get the photos from my phone to my email. Is there an email address I can forward them to?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, the only way I know is upload them to something like imgur and post the address here so I can go look or use the paperclip icon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, you just stumped my 15 yr old daughter, and that is saying something!!! LOL!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
She should know all about sharing photos to a site. If you go to imgur.com it is free and easy to set up a file to put the photos and then you copy and paste the address they give you here so I can go look.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frustrated.. Will start fresh tomorrow.
Thanks.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, I wish it was easier.