peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My radio will not turn on . check the fuses all good . check

Customer Question

my radio will not turn on . check the fuses all good . check the power to the radio and still has power . what could be the issue
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no power on the radio at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i took out the whole unit no fuse behind it . check the power and it does has power to it . i order used radio and didnt work too
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: i bought the car from the auction and the radio want work . i am a dealer . its 2009 sonata 4 cylinder limited .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If you have the correct power and ground signals to the radio but the radio does not turn on at all this usually indicates an internal electrical fault in the radio itself with it needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this issue here.I have seen internal failure in the radio before in the past needing either repaired or replaced for this issue and this is the most common cause for this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES I JUST ORDER ONE AND STILL NOT WORKING THE NEW ONE I BOUGHT FROM JUNK YARD . HE SAID IT BEEN VEIRFIED THAT ITS WORKING
What year,make and model is this vehicle here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 HYNDAI SONATA 4 CYLINDER LIMITED .
I apologize for the delay. There should be two power wires at the radio.One is a gray wire in terminal 1 and the other is an orange wire with black stripe.With the key on see if both of these wires have the correct battery voltage on them and let me know.There is also a ground wire in terminal 13 that should have ground at all times.Make sure this has ground and let me know. Thanks Pete