Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

No start with keyJA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

no start with key
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: hyundia accent
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 05
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trun key nothing happen but can start from starter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just told u
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: just put tran in car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.
Check the transaxle range switch, its on top of the transmission. There is an alignment hole, with the vehicle in neutral the hole should line up. If it does not line up, remove the linkage from the switch, line the hole up by shifting gears or moving the switch, then re-attach the linkage.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.