Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Santa Fe: i have a 2002 hyundai santa fe replaced timing

Customer Question
i have a 2002 hyundai...
i have a 2002 hyundai santa fe replaced timing belt i lined up marks all in lined up but will not start whats next
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
5/2/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer
Hello I'd suggest to do a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each otherthis will show if the cam timing is correct as if its out you'll 2 or 3 low cylinders if this is OK then I'd check that you have spark and if you can hear the fuel pump run briefly when you 1st turn the ignition on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have fuel getting that and it back fire but never turn over
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like it's getting to much gas
hello OK I'd say to next pull the plugs and check that they aren't soaking wet if they are then check for spark next
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will let you know later today
understoodjust get back to me on this post
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer