How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Greg Your Own Question
Greg, import technician
Category: Hyundai
Satisfied Customers: 7057
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
Type Your Hyundai Question Here...
Greg is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is stuck . Parked 2003 Santa Fe on hill, turned

Customer Question

My wife is stuck downtown. Parked 2003 Santa Fe on hill, turned wheel to curb. Now it won't shift out of park, key won't turn and steering wheel is locked.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it, she can't start the car and can't seem to move the steering wheel enough to disable stuck interlock. Is there a work around?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay common issue, there is too much force on the road wheelsup agains the curb, you will need a bit of force in your arms and turn the steering wheel one way or the other to unload load on the steering locking system and then turn the key at the same time . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.