Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2009 elantra. I have a faulty blower motor resistor

Customer Question
unit, so the blower motor...
I have a 2009 elantra. I have a faulty blower motor resistor unit, so the blower motor only works at full speed, actually bypassing the resistor pack. I noticed that the AC on switch only works if I have the blower motor speed on anything other than Full speed, which means NO AIR. This makes no sense when I look at the wiring diagram that I have in my Haynes manual. What I think I need is an accurate wiring diagram. This diagram doesn't even show the MAX AC switch or how it is wired into other components. Where can I get an accurate diagram? Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im sure the resistor pack is bad and will have to replace it. But need an accurate wiring diagram to verify symptoms that I see.
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
4/20/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Does it have manual temp controls or auto temp?
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Really?
It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks
Jerry, Master Mechanic