Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Hyundai volester turbo: 2013 hyundai volester turbo has a

Customer Question

2013 hyundai volester turbo has a crank shaft position sensor code and I have replaced it twice with a new sensor from hyundai.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, on that exh cam sensor check for the 5 volt reference on pin 1 and continuity between the other terminals andthe ecm connector. Be sure to check on both sides of the connector where the wire comes in.I've seen the connectors have a break internally many times. I'll post the wiring info below. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need help, r u there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for your help are you there?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
I'm here, how else may I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have my 5v reference at exh cam connector, and all 3 wires to to computer have continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the scanner shows crank reference and intake cam reference numbers, does not show exh cam sensor reference no.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** additional information. With it doing that and having a new ECM I'm honestly at a loss here. I'll opt out so another expert may assist you.
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you have good reference voltage and the wiring is good to the ECM, either the ECM is bad, or the air gap on the sensor is off so it isn't reading the cam position. Make sure that there isn't debris or a second o-ring or something in the exhaust cam sensor hole.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive been waiting so long for replies, ita time to get off work, can we cont. this tomorrow, for what i have already paid--pls.
Yes.