George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I am pretty much stumped on the accent with P0128 that keeps

Customer Question

I am pretty much stumped on the accent with P0128 that keeps coming up....if I have a scanner that reads coolant temp sensor in real time (basic scanner), will that be enough to figure out the problem? Do I still need a infrared thermometer (they dont seem to be accurate).
How will I know if the coolant sensor is reading temp correctly? I am on membership, so I dont mind breaking up into a few questions, I really need to get this fixed or at least narrow down the issue.....We have many past posts on the problem...
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.What did you do to correct the problem so far ?The code PO128 is for coolant temperature below normal operation , this is usually a weak thermostat , replacing the thermostat should fix the problem.Good luck.Let me know , please provide the year,model and engine size for further info , if needed.Thank you very much.